Global NMI Convention
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for the global convention?
The process for registering varies based on region and on your participation status (that is, will you be attending as an officially-elected Delegate or as a Visitor?)... Learn how to register here.
Where can I stay while attending the global convention?
Housing registration for Indianapolis will be available online beginning October 8. For housing and/or travel details at other regional sites, contact your respective Regional General Assembly Coordinator.
More information is available at the General Assembly FAQ page. If you have additional questions, please email us.
- Is there anything someone will miss by participating at a regional site other than Indianapolis?
- No! We are very excited to have 11 equal sites around the world, and each site will be equipped to participate equally in the business sessions, conduct real-time voting, and join in corporate worship and prayer. No matter where you are participating, you will be connected via live audio and live video to each of the other 10 sites. In fact, each region will be featured at various times throughout the Convention, perhaps leading in prayer or worship, etc.
- So, what’s going to be different among the various regional sites?
- While each regional site will be equipped to participate fully in times of corporate gathering, there will be some programmatic variances due in large part to schedule and time-of-day differences. Each regional site will be offering its own focused prayer component, as well as its own slate of training workshops. Each regional site may also choose to supplement the core Convention schedule with additional training opportunities, worship experiences, and/or meal functions.
- Will there be workshops at the global convention?
- There will be workshops at global convention in fact, each regional site will be offering its own slate of training opportunities but they will not be broadcast. Some workshop content will be captured and posted online post-event as downloadable audio files.
- How can I support the global convention in prayer?
- Prayer continues to be the organizational heartbeat of NMI. Each regional site will be incorporating specific prayer emphases into its convention schedule such as the dedicated Prayer Room and ticketed Prayer Luncheon at the Indianapolis site. Continue to check back for more updates, including additional ways you can prayerfully support NMI and the 2013 global convention in the months leading up to the event!
- How else can I help?
- Most delegates outside the USA/Canada region must cover from personal funds a large portion of their costs for airfare, lodging, and meals. Most will share rooms with many other delegates and eat very modestly while they are attending the convention. Most raise funds by selling homemade items, raising animals to sell, or holding musical concerts and events.
By contrast, delegates from most USA/Canada districts will receive an allowance adequate to cover their costs for travel, lodging, and meals. Many district NMI councils have carefully budgeted and reserved funds from district churches across four years.
In order to help ease some of these personal expenses for delegates from other world areas, NMI encourages each district, especially in the USA/Canada Region, to participate generously in the 2013 NMI Buddy Plan offering. Funds received will be equitably distributed to help facilitate participation by NMI world area delegates. Contact your local or district NMI president for more information on this important offering
In addition, the International Delegate Expense Aid (IDEA) Fund was created to provide financial assistance for any world area delegate who incurs great financial costs to be a part of the global celebration at General Assembly.
Please consider joining us in sharing our resources with our brothers and sisters in Christ all over the globe!